Chief technical officer
Exciting Opportunity With Our Fast Growing Startup
“Memory Jar is a new and unique concept to the secure & private technology space.
As an amplifiable, yet closed-loop B2C software, Memory Jar allows people to interact with their immediate and extended families. Using best-in-class technology, MJ engages users with sticky features and unique elements to store and share many forms of their life’s memories, all whilst functioning as a digitized family tree.
Memory Jar is a fully secure and private platform for families. No mining, tracking, or targeting”
We came up with the idea of Memory Jar because of a very personal problem. Our families are spread out all over the world, or, because of current global events we are not able to see what everyone is up to. We’d love to sit with our families and reminisce about our family tree.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was one purpose built place we could all huddle in? Our mission is to build a destination for you to interact, observe and communicate with your family’s past, present and future. If you want to help drive this mission forward, we’d love to hear from you!
Memory Jar is currently seeking a Chief Technical Officer, reporting to the co-founders. As Technical Lead, you will own and drive the technical vision and decision making in the development of the Memory Jar mobile application of iOS and Android. You will drive the strategic execution of our software engineering requirements. This role is structured to grow in responsibility and title as Memory Jar develops its technical team further over the next 12 months. Reporting into our CEO, as a critical partner of the senior leadership team, you have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our success.
In this role you will collaborate with a team of high-performing technical partners with a focus on data architecture, design, project management, code review and most important, innovation! You will partner with our Co-Founders, and Lead Designer on critical user experience decisions that will allow us to develop best in class social mobile applications. It will be critically important for a successful candidate to see the forest through the trees. You must be able to see the bigger picture and understand the requirements necessary for the company to get there. You must excel at making critical technical decisions with imperfect knowledge. The successful candidate will be passionate about building an industry leading culture focused on quality, urgency and innovation. As a high performing individual, you will establish project plans, timelines, technical POV’s and create systems and processes that drive a high performance engineering culture.
Your average day:
- Make critical decisions on our back-end infrastructure
- Drive the technical architecture and communicate why you are making the decisions you are making
- Write code (both client facing and back-end)
- Project manage the mobile application builds
- Develop project plan and execute timelines
- Lead and own the project with the technical partners
- Review and communicate on submitted work from the technical team
- Learn and apply new technologies to relentlessly drive yourself, and our platform, forward
- Build tooling to make our infrastructure more consistent, reliable and observable
- Contribute code to projects and expand your engineering impact to things like code review and repository
- Meet with the co-founders to drive the company timelines forward
Where you will spend your time:
- Version control
- Testing frameworks
- Modern front-end stacks
- Mobile OS – iOS & Android
- Server technologies
- Relational Databases
- Code Reviews
- Architecture audits – I.e. Distributed computing
- Container Orchestration platforms
- RESTful APIs
- Deep understanding of scalable back-end systems, including data architecture, security and compliance, and efficiency
- Hands-on iOS and Android App development
- 3+ years of hands-on front-end and back-end development
- Experience with rapid growth and scale
- Must have strong collaboration with internal and external technical teams
- Proven experience managing multiple complex projects
- Previous start-up experience in a senior technical role (Nice to Have)
Life in the Jar:
This job and your future prospects will be whatever you make of it. As our second employee, you are entering a world of true blue ocean opportunities. The TAM (Total Addressable Market) for Memory Jar is huge and we need your help in driving us to be the market leader.
At Memory Jar, it’s important to us that you not only have an opportunity to meaningfully contribute to our growth but also be given an opportunity for self development. Culture fit is extremely important to us and we want you to bring your whole self to the role, fanny packs and all!
This position is a partnership role and thus will include a combination of Base, Bonus and Equity as part of the compensation plan. Details will follow for those candidates that move on to the offer stage.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Memory Jar Inc.. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Memory Jar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should email firstname.lastname@example.org.